This photo is an extreme close up of an elephant's eye it was taken by the wildlife photographer Chris Packham.
Like most of Chris Packham's wildlife work this photo was taken using a telephoto lens - he uses this so he doesn't startle or upset any animals that he is photographing and because it gives visibly better results than taking the photo with a regular lens and cropping in later.
I think this photo might have been cropped a tiny bit and because of all of the details in the face I think he used a closed aperture (like F22)
This is another photo by Chris Packham it's main subject is a young animal.
When I first saw this photo it appeared that the animal was hiding in a plant area but under closer inspection it appears to be in the arms of it's parent.
This photo was also taken with a telephoto lens, but probably not cropped in the editing stage.
To get the viewer's attention and make this photo really brilliant the main subject is just off centre, in my opinion if the main subject had been anywhere else this photo would not be as powerful.
I think this photo was taken with a closed aperture.
The conclusion:
So here we have two photos both taken by the same photographer but both are completely different composition wise and technique wise. When photographing animals I must keep versatile to my approach and remember to photograph the subject the way I want it to be portrayed by others.
Both images in this entry are screen shots from chrispackhamphotos.com/ the photos seen in the screen shots are both © by Chris Packham.
No comments:
Post a Comment