Sunday, 4 July 2010

"Fresh & Wild" Entry 2 - Upload Batch One

Moth Portrait
Moth Portrait

Collecting It's Nectar Points

Collecting It's Nectar Points

Black & White Flower

Black & White Flower

Looking Up

Looking Up

Young Seagull Portrait

Young Seagull Portrait

Yellow

Yellow

Purple

Purple

Red

Red

I decided to take this first batch of photos over a couple of days and as nature can be found all around us they were taken in many different places. Before I started the first shoot I roughly planned which settings I would use on the camera, I chose settings that would give me fast control because I know how fast animals and insects can be!

I feel that as a whole the shoot went very well, the weather was good resulting in great natural lighting. The angles that I chose to experiment with for the photos titled "Looking Up" and "Purple" are much more interesting than just taking face on photos, I think I will be using different angles more in my future work.

A few things didn't go quite so well like when I was photographing insects my shutter speed, aperture and lighting was right but the focus on the camera took too long resulting in many insects getting away. Another problem I encountered was when I was trying to photograph the seagull in "Young Seagull Portrait" I found that the lens I was using couldn't quite zoom as far as I would've liked it to so I had to crop the photo using editing software causing the image quality to reduce.

To improve for my next shoot I am going to switch my camera from auto focus to manual focus and as I can not afford to purchase a longer telephoto lens at this time I am going to have to try to get physically closer to the subject that I would like to photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment