Sunday, 12 September 2010

"Fresh & Wild" Entry 4- Favourite Shots

I'd like to start by saying that I know it says "upload your 5 favourite shots" in the brief but I had to include the photo "Looking Up" as a sixth because I think it makes a nice change from the others and I couldn't decide on which photo to remove to have just the five.

Please see my chosen shots below, my reasons for choosing each is written underneath the image.

6 "The feed"

The Feed

I have included this shot because of the moment captured and the tight crop that makes this moment a little more personal.

1 "Landing Magpie"

Landing Magpie

I have included this photo because I like the detail in the wings, this photo was featured on the BBC nature website in July as well as having the most views and comments on my Flickr site.

 3 "Grasshopper"

Grasshopper

I like the composition and colours in this shot.

 5 "Collecting It's Nectar Points"

Collecting It's Nectar Points

I have chosen this shot because of the crop, colours and the way that all motion has frozen as the result of a fast shutter speed.

 Looking Up

Looking Up

I like the way the brightness changes as you look in to the background of the shot and the angle that I decided to take the photo from.

Little Frog

Little Frog

I like the composition and focus in this shot also the detail is very good as this frog was less than 1.5cm in height in real life.

Image Purposes

I am going to include some of these images into a photography exhibition that I have arranged for the end of this year, some of them have also been entered into a photography competition.

These photos could be the start of a nature photography portfolio, included in magazines, used on websites or even sold as prints, it all depends on the viewer's taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment